Safety Measures The Club Is Implementing
- In addition to convenient hand sanitizing stations, touchless soap dispensers have been placed in the bathrooms.
- The Pool gate will be left open for touchless entry.
- Restrooms, handrails, etc. will be periodically sanitized.
- The Club will provide disinfecting mister for member use on pool furniture, grills, and umbrella cranks.
- Lifeguards will undergo daily health screenings and temperature checks and will be provided with PPE and touchless bag mask for CPR.
- Training will be provided to guards and volunteers on sanitation procedures and other COVID-19 protocols.
- Messaging and signage are being posted to instruct members on safety precautions.
- Pool hours, including occasional breaks in the day may be adjusted/instituted as needed to accommodate sanitation protocols.
- We will continue to monitor official announcements from the Governor and County Executive and inform you if any of our rules or protocols will be lifted or modified.
REMEMBER: We are a member organization that operates on a very small budget. The lifeguards are the only paid staff and their job is to watch the swimmers at all times. Lifeguards are not responsible for enforcing these rules or cleaning while on duty. It is YOUR JOB (every member’s responsibility) to keep yourself, your family, and other Club members as safe as possible by adhering to these rules.
COVID-19 Club Rules
The following rules are based on State and County regulations and the fact that Lakeview Swim Club is a member organization with lifeguards as the only paid staff. Their job is to watch swimmers at all times. So it becomes everyone’s job (your responsibility) to keep yourself, your family, and other Club members as safe as possible by adhering to the following rules. COVID-19 is still a risk, and even though we have permission to open, we all have to do our part to stay open the entire season. While there are still many unknowns we will continue to monitor new guidance and make appropriate adjustments.
- Stay home if you have COVID-19 symptoms, or have been exposed, until your quarantine ends.
- Practice social distancing – 6 feet from people outside your family. Please limit family groupings to 10 or fewer individuals.
- Masks should be worn whenever possible and required when entering the Clubhouse (including the bathrooms). Masks are not recommended for children under the age of 2.
- Wash your hands (20 seconds) or use hand sanitizer BEFORE & AFTER using the restroom and before entering the pool. Hand sanitizer will be conveniently located outside restrooms and entry to the pool deck.
- Disinfect pool chairs, tables, umbrella cranks, grills, and grill tools after use. Misters will be provided. Unless you use too much the disinfectant dries on its own.
- You may place additional chairs closer together together for your family but when you leave please return them to their original locations. Note: markers have been placed near each open space. These markers were specifically placed to facilitate social distancing and should remain furniture free when you leave. If you move lounge chairs closer together, please remember to return them to their designated position, and then disinfect them before you leave.
- Use your own pool toys, goggles, sunscreen, towels and floats. Then take them home. A limited number of seasonal lockers are available for $20.
- No lost and found. It’s Lost & Tossed in 2020.
- Observe limit of 25 people in the pool at any time.
- If occupancy limits have been reached and you have been at the Club for a while, consider letting other members have a chance to swim.
- We will not allow guests until further notice.
- The clubhouse is closed except for the bathrooms. Beginning Friday, June 19 at 5 p.m. the kitchen will be open for limited use as follows: ice-maker, large sink for washing hands and grill tools, back-room refrigerator for storing adult beverages. Please observe the sanitation protocol posted on the ice-maker and sliding glass door leading to the kitchen.
- An adult family member must accompany children under age 7 into the restroom. Only 1 person at a time is allowed in each restroom except for family members. Anyone entering the restroom should wear shoes.
- Sign-in noting size of your group, arrival time, and affirm you and your family do not have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Parents must monitor family compliance with all rules. Members who do not comply with the rules will be asked to leave.
- Please refrain from sharing food and beverages.